Mushroom Cream Cheese Taquitos
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 8 oz portobello mushrooms washed, finely chopped
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 Containers (3.5 oz) Prairie Farms Small Batch Onion and Chive Cream Cheese Spreads
- 1 Container (5 oz) Prairie Farms Small Batch Small Curd Cottage Cheese
- 10 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- chutney (for serving)
- In a deep skillet, heat olive oil to 350°. Add mushrooms; saute 4 minutes. Add oregano, thyme, pepper flakes. Saute until mushrooms are browned, 4 minutes. Cool. Wipe out skillet.
- Combine cream cheese and cottage cheese. Fold in mushrooms, mixing well. Spread 3 tablespoons of mushroom mixture on bottom half of each tortilla. Roll up tightly, making sure filling isn't seeping from either end. Secure rolls with toothpicks.
- In same skillet, heat oil to 375°. Fry taquitos, a few at a time, until golden brown, 2-4 minutes. Drain on paper towels. When taquitos are cool enough to handle. Discard toothpicks. Serve with chutney.
Let's Get Cooking!
Sign up for Prairie Farms Coupons & Newsletter