- 2 Containers (3.5 oz) Prairie Farms Small Batch Garden Veggie Cream Cheese Spreads
- 1/3 Cup Prairie Farms unsalted butter softened
- 1 1/4 Cup all-purpose flour
- 3 bacon strips diced
- 1/8 Cup onion finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 5 oz frozen chopped spinach thawed and well drained
- 1 Container (5 oz.) Prairie Farms Small Batch Small Curd Cottage Cheese
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 egg
- Prairie Farms Sour Cream optional to serve with
- In a bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until smooth. Combine flour; gradually add to creamed mixture (dough will be stiff). Turn onto a floured surface; gently knead 10 times. Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours.
- In a skillet, cook bacon until crisp. Remove bacon; reserve 1 tablespoon drippings. Saute onion and garlic in drippings until tender. Remove from heat; stir in bacon, spinach, cottage cheese and seasonings. Cool.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll dough to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut into 3-in. circles; brush edges with egg. Place 1 heaping teaspoon of filling on each circle. Fold over; seal edges. Prick tops with a fork. Brush with egg.
- Bake at 400° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with sour cream or salsa if desired.
Let's Get Cooking!
Sign up for Prairie Farms Coupons & Newsletter