Servings: 2 people
- 1 Prime Ribeye steak, 2 inch thick
- sea salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 Tbsp Avocado Oil
- 3 Tbsp Prairie Farms unsalted butter
- 4 cloves Fresh garlic, peeled and smashed
- 3 Sprigs fresh rosemary
- 3 Sprigs Fresh Thyme
- Preheat oven to 200°F.
- Season all sides of the steak with salt and pepper.
- Transfer to a wire rack on top of a baking sheet, then bake for about 45 minutes to an hour until the internal temperature reads about 125°F for medium-rare. Adjust bake time based on steak being more rare or more well-done.
- Heat avocado oil in a pan over high heat until smoke appears. Sear steak for 30-40 seconds on the first side, then flip.
- Add butter, garlic, rosemary, and thyme and stir in pan.
- Transfer garlic and herbs on top of steak and baste steak with butter using a large spoon. Baste for about 30 seconds, then flip and baste other side for about 30 seconds.
- Turn steak on its side and cook to render off any excess fat.
- Let steak rest on a cutting board or wire rack for about 10 minutes before cutting.
- Slice steak into strips. Garnish with butter, peppercorn and thyme (optional) and serve immediately.
Love this Recipe?Share it