Servings: 2 servings
- 2 Tbsp Prairie Farms butter divided
- 2 Tsp olive oil
- 4 mushrooms sliced
- 1 Tbsp flour
- 1 chicken breast sliced thin
- 1 Tbsp onion Minced
- 1/4 Cup Dry White Wine
- 1/4 Cup chicken broth
- 1/2 Cup Prairie Farms Heavy Whipping Cream
- Salt and pepper To taste
- Melt 1 Tbsp butter and oil in skillet. Add mushrooms and cook over medium heat, tossing occasionally, 5 minutes. Remove to a plate and ‘tent’ with foil. Season chicken breast slices and sprinkle on flour, dusting them evenly and lightly. Cook in second tablespoon of butter over medium-high heat until a nice color develops, about 1 minute, flip over and add onions. Cook 1 more minute. Remove chicken to mushroom plate and cover. Use left over sauce in skillet for your cream sauce.
- Next, on medium-high heat add wine, scraping bottom of pan and let it evaporate almost completely. Add chicken broth, and reduce it about half way. Reduce heat to low and stir in cream. Return chicken and mushrooms drippings back into the sauce skillet. Keep stirring for several minutes until the sauce you have created reaches the desired thickness. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper if needed.
- Rice, steamed peas and carrots along with a mixed greens salad make for a nice meal paired with an ice cold glass of Prairie Farms Milk!
For those not wishing to use wine, another ¼ Cup Low Sodium Chicken Broth + 1 Tbsp White Wine or Apple Cider Vinegar can be substituted
Love this Recipe?Share it