- 3 Large red bell peppers
- 5.5 oz couscous
- Olive Oil Cooking spray
- 1 cup chicken breast cooked and chopped
- 1/2 cup yellow onion chopped
- 1/2 tsp fennel seeds
- 1/2 cup chickpeas (canned) drained and rinsed
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 6 cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 3 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 cup Roasted Red Peppers, marinated
- 1 cup Prairie Farms Sour Cream
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 6 fresh basil leaves garnish
- Feta Cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cut bell peppers in half and scoop out the seeds and membranes. In a large pot, add water, a pinch of salt and peppers. On medium high heat, cook peppers for about 5 minutes or until slightly softened. Remove from heat and drain water. Coat a square baking dish with cooking spray. Prepare couscous according to package instructions and set aside. In a baking dish, place pepper halves standing up and set aside.
- Drain roasted peppers and pour into a blender. Pulse to chop well. Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add chicken, onion, fennel seeds and chickpeas. Cook, stirring frequently, for 5 minutes or until vegetables are softened. Remove from heat and stir in cherry tomatoes, tomato paste, oregano, roasted peppers and sour cream.
- Using a fork, fluff the cooked couscous then add to cooked chicken and vegetable mixture. Stir gently to blend. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Fill each pepper half to the top.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until peppers are slightly browned.
- Serve and top with fresh basil leaves, and crumbled feta cheese.
Love this Recipe?Share it