Mashed potatoes and Gravy
- 3 1/2 lbs White or Yukon Gold Potatoes washed, peeled & cut into chunks
- 1 Tbsp Salt
- 2 1/2 cups Water
- 1/2 cup Prairie Farms Butter
- 4 Tbsp Flour
- 1/4 tsp Onion Powder
- 1/4 tsp Ground Black Pepper
- 4 oz Prairie Farms Cream Cheese
- 1 cup Prairie Farms Half & Half
- 1/2 tsp Ground Black Pepper
- 1-2 tsp Seasoning Salt
- 1 Chicken Bouillon Cube
- 1 Beef Bouillon Cube
- 4 Tbsp Prairie Farms Unsalted Butter
- 1 tsp Dark Soy Sauce
- Salt, to taste
- To make mashed potatoes: In a large pot, add potatoes and fill with water to cover. Add a generous amount of salt and bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium low, cover and simmer until potatoes are tender. About 35 minutes. While potatoes are simmering, make gravy.
- To make gravy: In a small pot, bring water to boil. Add bouillon cubes, mix to dissolve.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Whisk in flour, onion powder, and pepper to create a roux.
- Slowly pour in half the liquid while whisking constantly. Once mixed, add remaining liquid and combine. Stir 1-2 minutes, until it thickens. Add more salt and pepper to taste. Take off heat and set aside.
- Once potatoes are tender, remove from heat and drain water. Add butter, cream cheese, half & half, garlic powder, black pepper and seasoning salt. Beat with a hand mixer until blended.
- Add mashed potatoes and gravy to separate serving dishes of your choosing and serve. Enjoy!
Let's Get Cooking!
Sign up for Prairie Farms Coupons & Newsletter