Servings: 6 people
- 3 1/2 lbs White or Yukon Gold Potatoes washed, peeled & cut into chunks
- 1 tbsp Salt
- 2 1/2 cups Water
- 1/2 cup Prairie Farms Butter
- 4 tbsp Flour
- 1/4 tsp Onion Powder
- 1/4 tsp Ground Black Pepper
- 4 oz Prairie Farms Cream Cheese
- 1 cup Prairie Farms Half & Half
- 1/2 tsp Ground Black Pepper
- 1-2 tsp Seasoning Salt
- 1 Chicken Bouillon Cube
- 1 Beef Bouillon Cube
- 4 tbsp Prairie Farms Unsalted Butter
- 1 tsp Dark Soy Sauce
- Salt, to taste
- To make mashed potatoes: In a large pot, add potatoes and fill with water to cover. Add a generous amount of salt and bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium low, cover and simmer until potatoes are tender. About 35 minutes. While potatoes are simmering, make gravy.
- To make gravy: In a small pot, bring water to boil. Add bouillon cubes, mix to dissolve.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Whisk in flour, onion powder, and pepper to create a roux.
- Slowly pour in half the liquid while whisking constantly. Once mixed, add remaining liquid and combine. Stir 1-2 minutes, until it thickens. Add more salt and pepper to taste. Take off heat and set aside.
- Once potatoes are tender, remove from heat and drain water. Add butter, cream cheese, half & half, garlic powder, black pepper and seasoning salt. Beat with a hand mixer until blended.
- Add mashed potatoes and gravy to separate serving dishes of your choosing and serve. Enjoy!
If making potatoes ahead of time, add finished potatoes to a baking dish and cover with plastic wrap to store in fridge. When ready to serve, remove plastic wrap, dot with butter, and bake at 350°F until warmed through. Can be made 2 days ahead of time. Add more or less milk depending on your desired thickness of mashed potatoes. Taste test as you go to adjust seasonings to your liking.
Love this Recipe?Share it