Stout Beer Rye Bread
- 1 3/4 Cup whole wheat flour
- 2 Cups Rye flour
- 1/4 Cup brown sugar
- 2 Tsp baking soda
- 1 Tsp salt
- 1 Cup Prairie Farms buttermilk
- 1 Cup Stout Beer
- Preheat the oven 400 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl combine whole wheat flour, rye flour, brown sugar, baking soda and salt. Add buttermilk and 1 cup of beer. Stir until dough comes together. Dough should be somewhat sticky.
- Turn dough out onto a floured surface and kneed into a ball. Place dough on prepared baking sheet. Sprinkle with a little flour and use a knife to score a cross on top of dough.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes or until the loaf has doubled in size. Let cool for 2-3 minutes, slice and serve.
Let's Get Cooking!
Sign up for Prairie Farms Coupons & Newsletter