- 2 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- 3/4 Stick Prairie Farms Unsalted Butter, Frozen
- 3/4 Cup Prairie Farms Buttermilk
- In a large bowl, combine flour, salt and baking powder, then grate in the frozen butter. Slowly add buttermilk and stir until you have a soft dough. Turn out dough onto a lightly floured surface and knead just a bit to bring together ingredients. Press dough into a 4” x6” shape, wrap in plastic film and chill for one hour.
- Unwrap dough and roll into an elongated rectangle. Fold in thirds (“letter fold”) first third from the top, second third from the bottom. Turn this 90 degrees (1/4 turn) and roll into another long rectangle. Repeat the letter fold process again. Flip dough over and roll into a rectangle that is ½” thick. Square off the four sides, cover and put in freezer for 20 minutes.
- Set oven to 400 F. Remove dough from freezer and cut 9 pieces with a sharp knife.
- Place a sheet of parchment on your baking sheet. Lay pieces on pan, keeping a little space between them. Brush tops with a little more buttermilk then bake for 20-30 minutes or golden brown. Let cool slightly then enjoy with butter, jam or honey.
Let's Get Cooking!
Sign up for Prairie Farms Coupons & Newsletter