Chef Rob’s Sugar Cream Cake
- 1 Stick Prairie Farms butter (softened)
- 1 Box (15.25 oz) Yellow Cake Mix
- 2 large eggs divided
- 8 oz Prairie Farms cream cheese (softened)
- 1 Pound powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 24 Oz Morella Cherries in Syrup*
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1 Tbsp water (cold)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- For Cake: Preheat oven to 350 F. In a bowl, mix the butter and cake mix, then mix in 1 egg. Press into an ungreased 9x13 pan.
- In a separate bowl, beat second egg and cream cheese. Add powdered sugar (a couple big spoonfuls at a time), vanilla and salt. Mix well and pour into cake pan. Bake 30-35 minutes. Make the topping below.
- For Topping: Pour about a cup of the Cherries in Syrup from the jar into a saucepan and add the sugar and the lemon juice. Reduce over medium heat to about ¼ cup (takes about 20 minutes).
- Mix in the cornstarch and water. Whisk into the syrup and bring back to a boil for about a minute. Add back about 1 and ¼ cup of cherries from the jar. Let cool before spooning over individual slices of cake. This topping is great on ice cream and cheesecake, too.
Let's Get Cooking!
Sign up for Prairie Farms Coupons & Newsletter