Peanut Butter and Jelly Protein Muffins
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 Cup Uncooked quinoa, rinse according to package directions
- 1 3/4 Cups Prairie Farms 2% reduced fat milk
- 2 Cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 Cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 Cup Prairie Farms Whole Strawberry Yogurt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 Tbsp Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1/4 Cup Strawberry Jam or Jelly
- 1 Cup Prairie Farms Milk of your choice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a standard 12-muffin tin with a nonstick cooking spray.
- In a medium sauce pan stir together quinoa and 1 cup milk. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce to a simmer, cover, and cook 10-15 minutes until quinoa is tender and milk is absorbed.
- In a large bowl combine flour, brown sugar, baking powder, and salt and whisk to combine.
- In a large bowl combine remaining milk, yogurt, eggs, vanilla, and peanut butter and mix well.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix until combined. Stir in cooked quinoa.
- Divide batter among muffin cups. Drop a heaping 1/2 teaspoon of strawberry preserves into the center of each muffin tin on top of the batter. Bake for 20-25 minutes until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow to cool for 5-10 minutes then serve with an 8-ounce glass of your favorite Prairie Farms milk!
Let's Get Cooking!
Sign up for Prairie Farms Coupons & Newsletter