Servings: 1 Loaf
- 4 cup whole wheat bread flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp molasses
- 1/2 cup Prairie Farms Salted Butter softened
- 1/4 cup Prairie Farms Salted Butter melted
- 1 1/4 cup Prairie Farms buttermilk
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl combine dry ingredients; wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In a smaller mixing bowl combine softened butter, molasses, buttermilk and egg.
- Add wet ingredients, and mix until it forms the dough.
- Turn out dough onto a lightly floured countertop and knead until smooth.
- Place dough on a parchment lined backing sheet, cut an 'x' on top of the dough with a sharp knife. Brush dough with melted butter.
- Bake in the oven for 35 minutes until dough is a dark and golden and cracks start to appear. You should be able to knock on the dough and hear a hollow sound.
- Remove from oven and while still warm brush with remaining butter and a very light dusting of flour. Enjoy warm with butter! Wrap tightly in plastic to keep fresh for up to three days.
Love this Recipe?Share it