Servings: 2 Dozen
- 2 Packages Active Yeast
- 1/3 Cup sugar
- 1 Cup Water, warm
- 1/2 Cup Prairie Farms Whole Milk, warm
- 2 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 Cup Prairie Farms unsalted butter melted
- 4 Cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 Cup Prairie Farms Salted Butter
- In a small bowl, mix together yeast, warm water, warm milk, and 1 tablespoon sugar. Let sit until yeast is dissolved and bubbly, about 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl combine 2 cups flour, salt, melted unsalted butter, and remaining sugar. Stir in yeast mixture. Beat really well and gradually add 1-2 cups flour until dough is stiff. Place dough in a well-greased bowl and flip over to coat. Cover with plastic wrap or a warm wet towel. Let rise until dough has doubled in size, about 1 hour.
- Form dough into rolls and place in greased muffin tin. Brush tops with melted butter. Cover and let rise until doubled in size, about 1 hour.
- To Bake & Serve Immediately: Preheat oven to 375°F and bake for 10-13 minutes, until tops are lightly browned. Brush tops with salted butter and serve.
- To Freeze & Bake Later: Preheat oven to 275°F and bake for 20-25 minutes, careful not let the rolls brown. Place rolls in a single layer in airtight containers to freeze. Rolls can be frozen for up to 3 months. At serving time, bake frozen rolls at 400°F for 7-10 minutes, until brown. Brush tops with salted butter and serve. *Note* Once baked and cooled, these rolls can be stored in an air tight container for up to a week.
Love this Recipe?Share it