- 1 Cup Yellow Cornmeal
- 1/2 Cup flour
- 1 Tsp Baking Powder (heaping)
- 1 Tsp salt
- 1 Cup Prairie Farms Whole Milk, room temperature
- 1 Egg, room temperature
- 4 Tbsp Shortening, melted
- Prairie Farms Salted Butter
- Preheat oven to 450°F. In a medium sized bowl, combine all dry ingredients. Add milk and egg, mix well. Add shortening to loaf pan and heat in oven until melted and pan is hot. Add melted shortening to batter and mix well.
- Transfer batter to hot loaf pan and bake until golden brown, about 20 minutes. Serve with Prairie Farms Butter and enjoy!
Let's Get Cooking!
Sign up for Prairie Farms Coupons & Newsletter