Servings: 8 Servings
- 3 Cans (6.5 ounce) clams minced
- 1 Cup onion minced
- 1 Cup celery
- 2 Cups potatoes cubed
- 1 Cup carrots diced
- 3/4 Cup Prairie Farms unsalted butter
- 3/4 Cup all-purpose flour
- 1 Quart Prairie Farms Premium Half & Half
- 2 Tbsp Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- ground black pepper to taste
- Drain juice from clams into a large skillet over onions, celery, potatoes and carrots. Add water to cover, and cook over medium heat until tender.
- In a large, heavy saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Whisk in flour until smooth. Whisk in Half & Half and stir constantly until thick and smooth. Stir in vegetables and clam juice. Heat through. Do not boil.
- Stir in clams just before serving. Do not overcook clams. When clams are heated through, stir in vinegar, and season with salt and pepper.
Love this Recipe?Share it