- 3 Cans (6.5 ounce) clams minced
- 1 Cup onion minced
- 1 Cup celery
- 2 Cups potatoes cubed
- 1 Cup carrots diced
- 3/4 Cup Prairie Farms unsalted butter
- 3/4 Cup all-purpose flour
- 1 Quart Prairie Farms Premium Half & Half
- 2 Tbsp Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- ground black pepper to taste
- Drain juice from clams into a large skillet over onions, celery, potatoes and carrots. Add water to cover, and cook over medium heat until tender.
- In a large, heavy saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Whisk in flour until smooth. Whisk in Half & Half and stir constantly until thick and smooth. Stir in vegetables and clam juice. Heat through. Do not boil.
- Stir in clams just before serving. Do not overcook clams. When clams are heated through, stir in vinegar, and season with salt and pepper.
Let's Get Cooking!
Sign up for Prairie Farms Coupons & Newsletter