Beer Battered Cod with Yogurt Sauce
- Canola oil for frying
- 1 Cup Beer Batter Seafood Batter Mix
- 1 Tbsp Fish Seasoning
- 2/3 Cup beer
- 1 1/2 lbs Cod fillets cut into serving-size pieces
- 1/2 Cup Plain Whole Greek Yogurt
- 1/2 Cup mayonnaise
- 4 Tbsp Prairie Farms sour cream
- 1 Lemon juiced
- 1 Jalapeño pepper minced
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp dried dill
- 1 tsp ground cayenne pepper
- Pour oil into large heavy skillet, filling no more than 1/3 full. Heat to 375 degrees on medium heat.
- Mix Batter Mix and seasoning in medium bowl. Add beer, stir until smooth. Dip fish into batter. Shake off excess.
- Fry fish, a few pieces at a time, 3 to 5 minutes or until golden brown, turning once to brown evenly. Drain on paper towels.
- In a medium bowl, mix together yogurt, mayonnaise and sour cream. Stir in fresh lemon juice until consistency is slightly runny. Season with jalapeño and spices and serve with cod.
Let's Get Cooking!
Sign up for Prairie Farms Coupons & Newsletter