- 1 Stick Prairie Farms unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 Cups Yellow onion, chopped
- 1/4 Cup flour
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 2 Cups Defatted turkey drippings plus chicken stock, heated
- 1 Tbsp Brandy or Cognac
- 1 Tbsp white wine
- 1 Tbsp Prairie Farms Heavy Whipping Cream
- In a large (10 to 12-inch) pan, cook butter and onions over medium-low heat for 12 to 15 minutes, until onions are lightly browned. Heat Defatted turkey drippings plus chicken stock in another pot.
- Sprinkle flour into pan, whisk in, then add salt and pepper. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Add hot chicken stock mixture and Brandy or Cognac, and cook uncovered for 4 to 5 minutes until thickened. Add wine and cream. Add salt and pepper to your taste.
Let's Get Cooking!
Sign up for Prairie Farms Coupons & Newsletter