- 6 Cups Romaine Lettuce, Washed and Chopped
- 3 Large eggs
- 2 Cups Tomatoes, Diced
- 6 Slices bacon
- 8 oz Chicken, cooked, chopped
- 1 Cup Prairie Farms Blue Cheese or Gorgonzola Crumbles
- 1/4 Cup Scallions, Finely Chopped
- 1 Large Avacado, Ripe
Classic Buttermilk Ranch Dressing
- 1 3/4 Cups Prairie Farms sour cream
- 1 3/4 Cups Prairie Farms buttermilk
- 1 Tbsp Chives, chopped
- 1 tsp Parsley, chopped
- 1 tsp Dill, chopped
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/3 tsp black pepper
- Fill a small saucepan with water, add eggs and heat on high until boiling. Turn down to medium and cook approximately 8-10 minutes. Remove from heat, drain and rinse with cold water. Refrigerate eggs to cool completely. When completely chilled, peel, and chop lightly. Set aside.
- In a skillet, over medium high heat, cook bacon until crispy. Remove from pan and drain on paper towels. Let cool then crumble into pieces.
- Using a large serving platter or wide salad bowl, fill with lettuce. Begin layering toppings in narrow rows across top. Start in the center and add a row of chopped tomatoes. Next add a row of chopped chicken, a row of crumbled bacon, then blue cheese crumbles, scallions and eggs.
- Cut avocado in half, scooping out then slicing into strips and place on top.
Buttermilk Ranch Dressing
- In a medium size mixing bowl, add all spices and stir to blend. Whisk in sour cream and buttermilk, salt and pepper to taste. Serve as a side for your salad. Refrigerate any leftovers immediately.
Let's Get Cooking!
Sign up for Prairie Farms Coupons & Newsletter