Servings: 14 servings
- 1 1/2 Cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 Cup light brown sugar
- 2 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 Cup Prairie Farms whole milk
- 1 egg
- 3 Tbsp Prairie Farms Butter Additional butter needed for pancake griddle
- 2 Cups shredded carrots
- 2 containers (3.5 oz) Prairie Farms Small Batch Honey Vanilla Cream Cheese Spreads
- 1/2 Cup maple syrup
- 1 Cup pecans or candied pecans pieces or whole
- In a large bowl whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Once combined, whisk in the vanilla, milk, egg and butter. Then stir in the shredded carrots. Set aside to let the batter rest.
- Preheat the griddle to 350 degrees F.
- Place cream cheese in a small saucepot over medium-low heat. Move the cream cheese around the pot to start melting. Then slowly add 1-2 tablespoons of maple syrup at a time, whisking thoroughly to slowly incorporate the syrup into the cream cheese. Once all syrup is blended smoothly into cream cheese, keep over low heat to stay warm.
- Butter griddle. Use 1/4 cup scoop to portion pancakes onto the griddle. Cook 2-3 minutes per side. Flip when the edges start to look dry and firm. Move pancakes off the griddle and repeat with remaining batter.
- Serve pancakes hot with warm creamy syrup and pecans on top.
Love this Recipe?Share it