Cream Cheese Danish
- 2 sheets Puff Pastry Dough thawed
- 8 oz Prairie Farms Original Cream Cheese
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- 1 large Egg, yolk
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 tsp Lemon Zest
- 8 Blueberries
- 6 Raspberries
- 4 Strawberries stems, sliced in half
- 1 large Egg
- 1 tbsp Water
- 1/4 cup Powdered Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Lemon Zest
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- Preheat over to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Place rack in the center of oven. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, beat together cream cheese, sugar, egg yolk, vanilla and lemon zest until smooth and creamy.
- Place thawed puff pastry sheets on a lightly floured surface. Cut each sheet into 4 equal squares. Fold each corner of each square inward, creating an octagon shape.
- Spoon about 2 tablespoons of cream cheese mixture into the center of each pastry. Press one of each berry about halfway into the filling. Trasfer pastries to baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, beat together 1 egg and 1 tablespoon of water. Brush the outside of each pastry with egg wash.
- Bake pastries about 15-20 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove from over and let cool on a wire rack.
- In a small bowl, whisk together powdered sugar, lemon juice and zest. Drizzle over danishes and serve.
Let's Get Cooking!
Sign up for Prairie Farms Coupons & Newsletter