Servings: 28 rolls
- 1/4 cup water Warm
- 1 package (1/4 oz) Active, dry yeast
- 2 tsp honey
- 1 3/4 Cups Prairie Farms whole milk
- 2 eggs room temp
- 1/2 Cup Prairie Farms unsalted butter melted and cooled
- 1/3 Cup honey
- 3 tsp salt
- 6 1/2 Cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 Cup Prairie Farms unsalted butter softened
- 1/4 Cup honey
- Combine yeast mix ingredients in a small bowl, and let stand 5 minutes or until mixture bubbles.
- Heat milk in a saucepan over medium heat 3 to 5 minutes or until 100° to 110°.
- Stir together warm milk, eggs, butter, honey and salt with a heavy-duty electric stand mixer, blending well. Add yeast mix, stirring to combine. Gradually add 5 cups flour, beating at medium speed, using paddle attachment. Beat 3 minutes. Cover with plastic wrap, and let stand 1 hour.
- Uncover dough, and add remaining 1 1/2 cups flour, beating at medium speed 5 minutes. (Dough will be sticky.) Transfer to a lightly greased large mixing bowl. Cover with plastic wrap, and let rise in a warm place (85°), 1 hour or until doubled in bulk.
- Punch down dough. Turn dough out on a well-floured surface, and roll into 28 (2 1/2-inch) balls (about 1/4 cup dough per ball). Place balls in greased 9-inch pans. Cover and let rise in a warm place (85°), 1 hour or until doubled in bulk.
- Bake rolls at 400° for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Stir together honey butter ingredients. Serve honey butter with warm rolls.
Love this Recipe?Share it