Skillet Chicken Pot Pie
- 4 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 lb Chicken Breast, cubed
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1/2 White Onion, chopped
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 Cup Potatoes, chopped
- 2 Cups Frozen Peas, Corn & Carrots
- 1/4 Cup all-purpose flour
- 2 Cups chicken broth
- 1 Cup Prairie Farms milk
- 1 Frozen Pie Crust, thawed or use our Homemade Pie Crust Recipe
- 1 egg
- Heat 2 tbsp of oil in skillet. Add chicken and season with salt and pepper. Cook until done. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- In a skillet, sauté onions and garlic until onions are translucent and garlic is fragrant. Stir in frozen peas, corn, carrots and remaining olive oil. Sprinkle flour over vegetables, stirring to remove lumps.
- Add chicken broth and milk, letting it come to a boil to reduce and thicken. Season with salt and pepper then remove from heat.
- Place pie crust over skillet and seal edges. Brush whisked egg over the crust and cut slits on top to vent.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for a few minutes, then serve while hot. Enjoy!
Let's Get Cooking!
Sign up for Prairie Farms Coupons & Newsletter