Servings: 8 servings
- 4 lbs Corned Beef Brisket
- 1 Cabbage Medium size, cored and cut into 6 wedges
- 12 Red Potatoes Small, halved
- 1 lb white onion peeled
- 6 carrots Large, peeled and cut
- 1 Tbsp Prairie Farms unsalted butter
- 2 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp Red Wine Vinegar
- 1/2 Cup Prairie Farms sour cream
- 2 Tbsp Mustard
- Place corned beef in a 6-quart heavy pot and pour in enough water to cover beef by 2 inches. Bring water to a boil, skimming liquid occasionally to remove fat from top. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover with lid, and simmer for 2 hours.
- Place cabbage, potatoes, onions, and carrots around beef and return to a boil. Lower heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until vegetables are tender, about 40 minutes. Transfer beef to a serving platter, reserving 1 1/2 cups cooking liquid. Surround meat with the vegetables.
- For Sauce: Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Whisk flour into melted butter until dissolved and bubbling, about 1 minute. Add cooking liquid from beef and vinegar to butter-flour mixture; cook, stirring frequently, until sauce is slightly thickened, about 4 minutes. Remove saucepan from heat and whisk sour cream and mustard into sauce. Serve sauce alongside corned beef and vegetables.
Love this Recipe?Share it