- 1 Prepared Pie Crust click for recipe
- 1 1/2 Cups Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Prairie Farms Butter melted, cooled slightly
- 4 Large Eggs 3 whole, 1 yolk
- 3 Tbsp All Purpose Flour
- 3/4 Cup Prairie Farms Buttermilk room temp
- 1 tsp Lemon Zest, fresh
- 1 Tbsp Lemon Juice, fresh
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Whipped Cream
- Preheat oven to 375°F. On a well-floured surface, roll out prepared pie crust dough into a 12-inch circle. Transfer to a 9” pie plate, tuck edges under and crimp as desired. Freeze for 20 minutes.
- Prick the bottom of the crust 8-10 times with a fork. Gently line the pie crust with foil and fill with pie weights. Bake for 10 minutes, until the edges of the crust are dry.
- Remove from oven and carefully remove pie weights. Return to oven and continue baking another 5 minutes, until the bottom of the crust is dry and light brown. Remove from oven and let cool.
- In a large bowl, whisk together sugar and melted butter. Whisk in eggs and egg yolk, then flour. Add the buttermilk, lemon zest, lemon juice, and vanilla extract.
- Pour filling into cooled pie shell. Bake 45-50 minutes, or until lightly golden brown with the edges and center set.
- Let pie cool completely before serving, about 2 hours. Garnish with whipped cream and enjoy!
If you don't have ceramic pie weights to blind-bake the crust, you can use granulated sugar or even dried beans to line the bottom.
Love this Recipe?Share it