Homemade Pie Crust
- 1 1/2 Cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 Cup Prairie Farms Unsalted Butter, cubed and chilled
- 1/4 Cup Ice cold water
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk together flour and salt. Cut in cubes of butter using a pastry cutter, 2 forks or your hands. Work until butter is in small, pea-sized pieces. Slowly incorporate water until dough comes together, use hands or a spoon. Dough should not be wet. Dough can also be brought together in a food processor.
- Form dough into a ball, wrap in plastic wrap, and chill for at least 1 hour. Roll out dough onto a well-floured surface until it fits your desired pan. Chill for 30 minutes
- If you need a fully baked crust, preheat oven to 400°F and bake until crust is golden brown, about 14-15 minutes. For a partially baked crust, bake until crust is beginning to brown, about 7-8 minutes.
- Add filling and bake according to recipe.
Let's Get Cooking!
Sign up for Prairie Farms Coupons & Newsletter