Servings: 12 People
- 1 Cup Prairie Farms Salted Butter
- 1 Cup Celery, chopped
- 1 Cup Onions, chopped
- 5 Cups White & Wheat Bread, cubed
- 5 Cups Corn Bread, crumbled
- 1 lb Mild Loose Pork Sausage, cooked and drained
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tbsp parsley
- 1 Tsp Rosemary
- 2 Tsp Sage
- 1/2 Tsp black pepper
- 1/2 Tsp salt
- 1 Tsp thyme
- 1 1/2 Cups Prairie Farms whole milk
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat a 9x13 baking dish with butter to prepare. Set aside.
- Sauté celery and onions in butter until soft. Remove from heat.
- In a large bowl combine corn bread, white and wheat bread, pork sausage, eggs, parsley, rosemary, sage, black pepper, salt, and thyme. Gradually stir in milk until all ingredients are moist, add more milk if needed.
- Transfer to prepared baking dish. Bake for 30 minutes, until heated through and internal temperature reaches 165°F.
Store bought corn bread can be used. Do not use a sweetened corn bread as it will alter the taste. For best results use our Classic Cornbread Recipe. Any type of white or wheat bread can be used. If possible, leave bread sitting out until dried. If using to stuff a turkey, skip step 4 and make sure internal temperature of stuffing reaches 165°F.
Love this Recipe?Share it