Servings: 4 servings
- 1 pound Wisconsin Cheese Curds
- 2 cups Prairie Farms buttermilk
- 1 can beer
- 2 cups flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt and black pepper
- Prairie Farms Jalapeno Fiesta Dip for dipping
- Combine Prairie Farms buttermilk and 1 can of beer into a large bowl and pour cheese curds in to soak.
- In a medium mixing bowl combine flour, baking powder, and salt and pepper.
- Heat up a deep fryer with vegetable, peanut, or sunflower oil for frying.
- Remove cheese curds from liquid with a slotted spoon and transfer to the flour mixture. Then coat the curds so they are covered in the breading. Remove excess flour before frying for 2-3 minutes until slightly golden. It won't take long for the curds to cook and if they're cooked for too long the cheese will melt out of the breading.
- Remove from fryer and set onto a plate lined with paper towels. Serve with dip!
If you can't find fresh cheese curds in your local grocery store, you can make your own with Prairie Farms Milk and Buttermilk. Culture Cheese Mag has the full recipe here.
Love this Recipe?Share it