Trail Mix Bars
- 1/4 cup whole almonds coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup agave nectar light
- 1/2 cup Prairie Farms unsalted butter cut into pieces
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar packed
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds shelled
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Then use a butter wrapper to grease aluminum foil.
- Sprinkle oats, seeds, and nuts to the baking sheet then bake 5 minutes. Remove from oven and mix nuts trying to flip over. Then bake for another 3 to 5 minutes until lightly toasted. Transfer to a large mixing bowl.
- In a small saucepan combine agave nectar, butter, brown sugar, vanilla extract and the salt in a small saucepan over medium-low heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, until butter melts and the sugar completely dissolves.
- Pour butter mixture into bowl with toasted oats, seeds, and nuts and combine. Then stir in cranberries and raisins and white chocolate chips and stir together. The white chocolate chips should soften in the heat of the mixture. This will help the mixture form into bars.
- Line the baking pan with wax paper. Use a rubber spatula to scrap mixture onto the baking pan. Press mixture down with rubber spatula. Use another sheet of wax paper to cover mixture and roll down to form breakfast bars. The pressure will help mixture hold together.
- Once the mixture is flattened let cool. Cover with aluminum foil and let refrigerate for 2 hours until set. Remove from refrigerator and transfer to a cutting board. Use a large knife to carefully cut bars that are about 2” by 4” rectangles.
- Store bars in an airtight container for up to one week. For the softer bars, keep at room temperature. For slightly bars that are more firm, store in the fridge.
Let's Get Cooking!
Sign up for Prairie Farms Coupons & Newsletter