- 1 qt Strawberries, fresh sliced
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 2 Cups All-Purpose Flour
- 3 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 Tbsp Sugar
- 3/4 Cup Prairie Farms Milk
- 1/3 Cup Prairie Farms Butter, melted
Whipped Cream Topping
- 1 Cup Prairie Farms Heavy Whipping Cream
- 4 Tbsp Powdered Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- In a medium sized bowl, sprinkle sliced strawberries with 1 cup of sugar; let stand 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 450ºF. Prepare a large baking sheet by lining with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix flour, baking powder, salt, and 2 tablespoons of sugar. Stir in milk, and melted butter until dough comes together. It will be slightly sticky.
- Turn out the dough onto a lightly floured surface. Gently knead 20-25 times, until it creates a smooth ball. Roll or pat dough 3/4 inch thick.
- Using a 3 1/2” biscuit cutter, cut dough into shortcakes. Place onto prepared baking sheet. Sprinkle the tops with sugar. Bake 10-12 minutes, until lightly golden and puffed up.
- To make whipped cream, beat cream and powdered sugar in a chilled medium sized bowl until stiff peaks form.
- To assemble the strawberry shortcake, split warm shortcakes crosswise; fill and top with prepared strawberries and whipped cream. Serve immediately.
Let's Get Cooking!
Sign up for Prairie Farms Coupons & Newsletter