Spicy Sweet Potato Squash Soup
- 6 slices bacon cooked, crumbled
- 1/2 cup Prairie Farms butter
- 3 carrots chopped
- 1 sweet potato peeled and chopped
- 1 small butternut squash peeled and chopped
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 1 to 2 fresh red chilis diced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 6 cups chicken broth or water
- 1 Prairie Farms sour cream pouch
- Melt butter over medium heat in large soup pot.
- Add carrots, squash, sweet potato and onion to the butter and cook stirring occasionally, about 10 minutes.
- Add chilis, cumin, a pinch of salt and pepper stirring to blend. Continue cooking for 10 minutes.
- Add chicken broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Using a hand mixer, purée vegetables until smooth, thinning with a little chicken stock or water if desired. Taste and adjust seasoning as needed. Cover pot and simmer on low until ready to serve.
- Pour into bowls when ready to serve. Garnish each with a generous swirl of sour cream and bacon crumbles. Enjoy immediately. Refrigerate any leftovers.
Let's Get Cooking!
Sign up for Prairie Farms Coupons & Newsletter