Chef Rob’s Scottish Shortbread
- 1 Stick Prairie Farms butter (Soft)
- 1/3 Cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 Cup flour
- 1 pinch salt
- Preheat oven to 325 F.
- Line a small baking sheet with parchment or spray out a shortbread mould with cooking spray.
- In a deep bowl, add butter and ‘cream’ until light and fluffy with a sturdy spoon.
- Add powdered sugar and vanilla and ‘cream’ until well-mixed.
- Add flour and salt and mix until the dough comes together and ‘cleans’ the ‘stickies’ from around the bowl.
- Turn dough out onto an unfloured table and knead a bit until smooth.
- Press dough into the mould or flatten a round disc about ½” high on the sheet pan. Dock dough well with a fork or chopstick.
- Bake off about 30-35 minutes until golden brown on the edges
- Cool 10 minutes in mould/on sheet, then remove to a cutting board and slice into 8 wedges. Serve with tea, coffee or whisky.
Let's Get Cooking!
Sign up for Prairie Farms Coupons & Newsletter