Chef Rob’s Muffin Tin French Almond Cakes
- 2 Large eggs
- 1/2 Cup sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp Prairie Farms sour cream
- 3/4 stick Prairie Farms unsalted butter melted and cooled
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 2/3 Cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Rainbow Sprinkles garnish
- apricot jam garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Prep 12 hole non-stick muffin pan with butter.
- In a large bowl, cream the eggs, sugar, salt and sour cream. Add cooled butter and almond extract and whisk completely. Stir in flour and baking powder with a spatula until just combined.
- Spoon about a tablespoon into each mold (3/4 full). Bake about 9-10 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Remove from pan, plate up and brush with apricot jam or melted butter and add sprinkles or powdered sugar.
Let's Get Cooking!
Sign up for Prairie Farms Coupons & Newsletter