- 1 unbaked pie crust store-bought or Homemade
- 1 egg beaten
- 1/3 Cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp Ground Cloves
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 3 eggs beaten
- 1 Can (15 oz) Unsweetened Pumpkin Puree
- 2/3 Cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1/3 Cup Prairie Farms Heavy Cream
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Prairie Farms aerosol whipped cream Topping
- Blind bake the crust. Preheat oven to 425°F. Place prepared dough on a well-floured surface and roll out dough to a 14” round. Transfer dough to a 9” pie dish.
- Pick up edges and let dough slump down into dish, letting excess dough hanging over edge. Gently press dough into dish. Leave about a 1” overhang and trim excess dough. Fold overhang under; pinch and crimp the edges.
- Chill in freezer for at least 10 minutes. Gently line inside the dish with foil and fill with pie weights or dried beans. Bake until crust is dry around the edges and starting to brown, 25 minutes.
- Remove crust and lower oven temperature to 350°F. Carefully remove foil and weights. Prick bottom of crust with a fork to let out steam. Brush bottom of pie crust (not the crimped edges) with 1 beaten egg. Return to oven, bake until crust is set and beginning to lightly brown in the center, 10-15 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack and cool.
- Prepare the filling. Preheat oven to 325°F. In a large bowl, whisk brown sugar, cinnamon, salt, ginger, cloves, and nutmeg until no clumps remain. Add eggs, pumpkin, condensed milk, heavy cream, honey and vanilla. Whisk until smooth.
- Pour filling into prepared, cooled crust. Bake until edges are set and the center slightly wobbles, about 60-70 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack and let cool 3 hours, pie will continue to set after baking.
- Slice, top with whipped cream and enjoy!
Let's Get Cooking!
Sign up for Prairie Farms Coupons & Newsletter