Pumpkin Chiffon Pie
- 1 Blind-Baked 9" Pie Crust homemade or store-bought
- 1 envelope (2 ½ tsp) Unflavored Gelatin
- ¾ cup Granulated Sugar divided
- ½ tsp Kosher Salt
- 1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- ½ tsp Ground Ginger
- ¼ tsp Ground Nutmeg
- ¼ tsp Ground Cloves
- 3 large Egg Yolks
- ¾ cup Prairie Farms Whole Milk
- 1 can (15 oz) Pumpkin Puree
- 3 large Egg Whites
Whipped Cream Topping
- ¾ cup Prairie Farms Heavy Whipping Cream
- 2 tbsp Granulated Sugar
- ¼ cup Prairie Farms Sour Cream
- ¼ tsp Kosher Salt
- Ground Cinnamon to garnish
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, add gelatin, cinnamon, nutmeg, ½ cup sugar, egg yolks, and milk and whisk to combine. Cook and stir frequently until mixture begins to thicken and coats the back of the spoon, about 5 minutes. Stir in pumpkin puree then remove from heat. Add mixture to a large bowl and chill until cool.
- While the pumpkin mixture cools, add egg whites to a large bowl and beat with a hand mixer or stand mixer until soft peaks form. While beating, gradually add the remaining ¼ cup of sugar and continue to beat until stiff peaks form, about 5 minutes.
- Mix a third of the whipped egg whites into the cooled pumpkin mixture until smooth. Gently fold in remaining egg whites in 2 additions until fully incorporated, careful not to overmix.
- Pour filling into prepared, blind-baked crust. Smooth top, cover, and chill overnight.
- Make whipped cream right before you are ready to serve. Add heavy cream to a large bowl and beat until medium peaks form. Add sour cream, sugar, and salt. Continue to beat until stiff peaks form. Using a large spoon, dollop the whipped cream in the middle of the set pie and make a swirl pattern on top. Sprinkle with cinnamon to garnish. Slice, serve, and enjoy!
Let's Get Cooking!
Sign up for Prairie Farms Coupons & Newsletter