Loaded Potato Soup
- 4 Tbsp Prairie Farms Butter
- 1 medium onion diced
- 3 carrots peeled and thinly sliced
- 3 stalks Celery diced
- 6 cloves Garlic minced
- 1/2 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 3 lbs Russet Potatoes peeled in stripes and cut into 1” cubes
- 6 cups Chicken Broth
- 2 tsp Kosher Salt
- 1 1/2 tsp Ground Black Pepper
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 2 cups Prairie Farms Whole Milk
- 1 Cup Grated Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- 1/2 lb Thick Cut bacon cooked and crumbled
- 1 Cup Prairie Farms Sour Cream
- In a large pot, around 6-8 quarts, melt butter over medium heat. Add onion, carrots, celery, and garlic and cook until tender, about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Sprinkle flour on top and cook while stirring constantly for about 2 minutes. Add potatoes, chicken broth, salt, pepper and a bay leaf. Stir to combine and bring to rolling boil. Reduce to a simmer and cover, cooking until potatoes soften, about 15 minutes.
- Slowly add milk while constantly stirring. Continue to simmer while soup thickens and potatoes are fully cooked through, about 15 minutes.
- Add soup to serving bowls and top each with cheese, sour cream, and crumbled bacon. Enjoy!
Let's Get Cooking!
Sign up for Prairie Farms Coupons & Newsletter