Servings: 5 people
Lemon Yogurt Mousse
- 1 Carton (6oz) Prairie Farms Whole Milk Lemon Yogurt
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 2 Tbsp Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 Cup water
- 2 1/2 tsp Unflavored gelatin
- 4 large egg whites
- 1 Dash salt
- 1/2 Cup sugar
- Lemon slices
- Combine yogurt, zest, juice, and extract in a bowl. Whisk together and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, pour water and sprinkle gelatin on top, set aside.
- Fill a medium saucepan halfway with water. Boil over medium heat. During boil, grab a stand mixer, add egg whites, salt, and sugar, stirring gently to combine. Once water is boiling, mix bowl contents into saucepan. Whisk until sugar is dissolved and eggs are hot to the touch. Remove bowl from pan.
- Place gelatin into egg mixture and whisk thoroughly to combine.
- Using whisk attachment on stand mixer, whip egg mixture at medium-high speed for about 8 minutes. Once mixed, add yogurt mixture. Continue whipping a few more seconds, until combined.
- Divide mixture among serving bowls and refrigerate for 1 hour. Serve cold, garnish with lemon and mint.
Love this Recipe?Share it