Irish Soda Bread Biscuits
- 1 1/2 Cups All-Purpose Flour
- 2 Tsp Granulated Sugar
- 3/4 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 pinch Kosher Salt
- 2 Tbsp Prairie Farms Butter diced and cold
- 1/2 cup Raisins optional
- 3/4 Tbsp Caraway Seeds optional
- 3/4 Cup Prairie Farms Buttermilk
- Preheat oven to 375°F and prepare a sheet pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, stir together flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt.
- Work in cold butter using your hands, until a crumb like texture is achieved. Stir in raisins and caraway seeds.
- Add buttermilk and stir until a shaggy dough forms, careful not to overmix. If the dough is too wet add more flour.
- Turn dough onto a lightly floured surface, pat out dough to 1-inch thick. Cut into 2 ½ inch rounds and place onto prepared sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes, bottoms should be lightly browned. Serve warm with butter and your choice of jam. Enjoy!
Let's Get Cooking!
Sign up for Prairie Farms Coupons & Newsletter