Servings: 14 rolls
- 2 Cups Prairie Farms whole milk warm
- 1/2 Cup sugar
- 1/2 Cup Prairie Farms unsalted butter melted
- 1 packet (2 1/4 tsp) Active, dry yeast
- 5 Cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp Prairie Farms unsalted butter melted
- 3/4 Cup Prairie Farms Salted Butter softened
- 3/4 Cup light brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp cinnamon
- 4 oz Prairie Farms cream cheese softened
- 2 Tbsp Prairie Farms Salted Butter softened
- 2 Tbsp Prairie Farms whole milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- In a large bowl, whisk together warm milk, sugar, and melted butter. Mixture should be warm (between 100-110°F). Sprinkle yeast over mixture, whisk to just combine and let sit for 5 minutes, until mixture begins to froth.
- Add 4 cups flour and stir with wooden spoon until dough comes together. Cover with a clean towel or plastic wrap and let rise in a warm place for 1 hour, or until doubled in size.
- Prepare 2 round cake pans with butter.
- Remove towel and add baking powder, salt, and ¾ cup flour. Stir to combine then turn out onto well-floured surface. Knead dough just until it loses its stickiness. Add more flour if necessary. It should not stick to surface.
- Roll dough into a large rectangle, about ½ inch thick, making sure corners are defined and even.
- Spread softened butter evenly over dough, following with brown sugar and cinnamon. Lightly press mixture into butter.
- Roll up dough to form a log, pinch the seam to close. Divide and cut the dough into 14 equal pieces, about 1 ½ inch thick.
- Place 7 rolls into each prepared cake pan. Press down lightly onto each roll. Cover pans with clean towel or plastic wrap and let rise in warm area for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- To make icing, in a medium sized bowl beat together cream cheese and butter. Add powdered sugar and vanilla, beat to combine. Add milk, mix until icing is smooth. More milk can be added to reach desired consistency. Set aside.
- Remove cover, brush rolls with melted butter, and bake cinnamon rolls for 25-30 minutes, until golden brown.
- Drizzle icing evenly over cinnamon rolls and enjoy!
Love this Recipe?Share it