- 2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 2 1/2 cup Prairie Farms buttermilk
- 2 Large Eggs
- 3 tbsp Prairie Farms unsalted butter melted
- Vegetable Oil canola or coconut oil for the pan
- Heat the oven to 325 degrees. Whisk flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and kosher salt together in a bowl. Using the whisk, make a well in the center.
- Pour the buttermilk into the well and crack eggs into buttermilk. Pour the melted butter into the mixture. Starting in the center, whisk everything together, moving towards the outside of the bowl, until all ingredients are incorporated. Do not overbeat (lumps are fine.) The batter can be refrigerated for up to one hour.
- Heat a large non-stick griddle or skillet, preferably cast-iron, over low heat for about 5 minutes.
- Add 1 tablespoon oil to the skillet. Turn heat up to medium–low and using a measuring cup, ladle 1/3 cup batter into the skillet. If you are using a large skillet or a griddle, repeat once or twice, taking care not to overcrowd the cooking surface.
- Flip pancakes after bubbles rise to surface and bottoms brown, after about 2 to 4 minutes. Cook until the other sides are lightly browned.
- Remove pancakes to a wire rack set inside a rimmed baking sheet, and keep in heated oven until all the batter is cooked and you are ready to serve.
- Top with butter or strawberries and drizzle with honey or syrup.
Love this Recipe?Share it