Cottage Cheese Triangles
- 3 Tbsp Prairie Farms Salted Butter
- 1 Onion, Finely chopped
- 10 Oz Frozen chopped spinach - thawed, remove liquid
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 Oz Feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 Prairie Farms Small Curd Plain Cottage Cheese Snack Cup (5 oz)
- 2 Cloves Fresh Garlic, Finely chopped
- 1 Large Egg, beaten
- 16 Oz Phyllo dough
- 1 Cup Prairie Farms unsalted butter melted
- Heat butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Slowly cook and stir onion until tender, approx. 5 minutes. Combine with spinach and salt. Stir in feta cheese, cottage cheese, garlic and egg. Cook and stir until thick (approx. 5 minutes). Reduce heat and let simmer. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Unroll phyllo dough sheets one sheet at a time on flat surface. Brush with unsalted butter. Cut into strips about 5 inches wide. Place 1 tablespoon of the onion, spinach and feta mixture at one end of each dough strip. Fold the end of the strip over the filling so that it forms a triangle. Continue folding the strip in triangles until a small, triangular stuffed pastry remains. Brush with unsalted butter. Repeat with process until all of the phyllo dough is used.
- Place stuffed triangles on baking sheet. Bake in the oven 12 - 15 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove from oven, let cool for 5 min and serve warm.
Let's Get Cooking!
Sign up for Prairie Farms Coupons & Newsletter