Cocoa Peppermint Cookies
- 10 Tbsp Prairie Farms unsalted butter softened
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar packed
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs room temperature
- 3 tsp Prairie Farms Chocolate Milk Seasonal Item
- 1/8 tsp peppermint extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/4 cup chocolate chips - semi-sweet or dark
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup Prairie Farms unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup Prairie Farms Chocolate Milk Seasonal Item
- 1/4 tsp peppermint extract
- Peppermint Candy Canes, crushed
- Preheat the oven to 350F degrees.
- In a stand-up mixer beat together the butter and sugars on medium speed for 5 minutes.
- Add the egg, chocolate milk, peppermint extract, mixing until combined.
- Slowly add the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt, blending on low until incorporated.
- Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper. Roll dough into small balls, then place 2 inches apart on baking sheet, pressing each down slightly.
- Cover pan with plastic wrap and chill in refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- Bake cookies for 10-12 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack. Let cool completely before icing.
- In a small saucepan on medium heat, combine sugar, cocoa, butter and chocolate milk. Stir with a whisk, bringing to a boil for 1 minute. Remove from heat and let cool for 5 minutes. Add peppermint extract then beat in an electric mixer until icing no long has a glaze look.
- Using a decorating spatula, top cookies with icing and then garnish each with crushed candy cane pieces. Chill to set fully. Store in an airtight container.
Let's Get Cooking!
Sign up for Prairie Farms Coupons & Newsletter