- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 3/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 stick Prairie Farms butter, salted, melted & cooled
- 1 cup cake flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 2 eggs large, whole
- 1 1/4 cup Prairie Farms egg nog
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 4 Tbsp Prairie Farms egg nog
- Prairie Farms milk
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Prepare metal doughnut pans by greasing with butter and dusting with flour. Set aside.
- In a large bowl sift flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt. In a second bowl, break eggs then whisk in egg nog, and melted butter. Fold the wet ingredients into the dry ones until just combined to avoid ‘tough’ doughnuts.
- Spoon batter ¾ full into doughnut moulds. Bake about 10 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Set pans on a wire rack to cool for a few minutes, then transfer doughnuts to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Make the glaze by whisking powdered sugar, nutmeg, cinnamon, vanilla and egg nog to a smooth, slightly runny consistency. Thin with a little milk if necessary.
- One by one, invert each doughnut, dipping top surface into glaze, wiggling a bit, then turning 90 degrees to allow excess glaze to run off. Return to wire rack to set.
- Garnish with sprinkles to add a festive look. Enjoy!
Love this Recipe?Share it