- 4 cup scalded Prairie Farms milk
- 1/2 cup Prairie Farms butter melted and cooled
- 2 Tbsp Prairie Farms butter
- 5 cup day-old bread cubes
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 4 eggs beaten
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 cup raisins optional
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1 cup hot water
- 3 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp lemon zest
- Preheat oven to 350°F/175°C
- Spray an 8" by 11" inch casserole with nonstick spray.
- In a large bowl, combine bread cubes, 1 cup sugar, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg. Mix in raisins, if desired.
- In another bowl, blend milk, melted butter and eggs.
- Add wet ingredients to dry, and mix together without turning bread mixture into mush. Pour mixture into prepared casserole dish.
- Place casserole dish into a larger baking pan. Pour hot water into baking pan about 1/3 up the side of the casserole dish, creating a water bath.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- Sauce: In a small saucepan, combine 1/2 cup sugar, cornstarch, 1 cup hot water, 2 tablespoons butter, lemon juice and lemon zest. Cook on medium heat until bubbling and thickened. Stir constantly to avoid scorching.
- Serve with bread pudding.
Let's Get Cooking!
Sign up for Prairie Farms Coupons & Newsletter