Apricot Thumbprint Cookies
- 2 cups Prairie Farms butter
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 4 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups finely chopped almonds
- 3/4 cup apricot jam Raspberry or other jams may be substituted
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- In a mixing bowl, beat together butter, sugar, brown sugar, salt, almond extract and chopped almonds until blended.
- Slowly add flour, 1/2 cup at a time, mixing until combined.
- With lightly floured hands, roll small balls of dough and place on cookie sheet, leaving a little space between each.
- With the back of a spoon or your thumb, press into center of each cookie to make a well. Add a small spoonful of apricot jam, or any other favorite preserve into the center of each cookie.
- Bake for approximately 10 minutes. Do not overcook. Cool completely on a wire rack. Optional: Sprinkle with powdered sugar before just before serving.
Let's Get Cooking!
Sign up for Prairie Farms Coupons & Newsletter