Servings: 24 cupcakes
- 10 tbsp Prairie Farms unsalted butter softened
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar packed
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs room temperature
- 3 tsp Prairie Farms Chocolate Mint Milk
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/4 cup chocolate chips - semi-sweet or dark
- For Cocoa Peppermint Icing
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup Prairie Farms unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup Prairie Farms Chocolate Mint Milk
- Peppermint Candy Canes
- Preheat the oven to 350F degrees.
- In a stand-up mixer beat together the butter and sugars on medium speed for 5 minutes.
- Add the egg and chocolate mint milk and continue mixing until combined.
- Slowly add the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt mixing on low speed until incorporated.
- Cover a baking sheet with aluminum foil or parchment paper. Form dough into walnut sized balls. Place 2 inches apart on a baking sheet and press down slightly.
- Cover with cling film and chill in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours or up to 48.
- Bake cookies for 10-12 minutes until the tops are just set.
- Remove from oven and let cool on their tray for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to continue cooling.
- To make cocoa icing: In a small saucepan combine sugar, cocoa, butter, and chocolate mint milk. Stirring occasional with a metal whisk bring to a slow boil for 1 minute. Remove from heat and let cool for 5 minutes. Beat with a whisk or electric mixer until icing no long has a glaze look.
- Once cookies have cooled, you can ice with cocoa icing and top with crushed candy cane peices.
Love this Recipe?Share it