Servings: 24 cupcakes
- 10 tbsp Prairie Farms unsalted butter softened
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar packed
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs room temperature
- 3 tsp Prairie Farms Chocolate Milk Seasonal Item
- 1/8 tsp peppermint extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/4 cup chocolate chips - semi-sweet or dark
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup Prairie Farms unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup Prairie Farms Chocolate Milk Seasonal Item
- 1/4 tsp peppermint extract
- Peppermint Candy Canes, crushed
- Preheat the oven to 350F degrees.
- In a stand-up mixer beat together the butter and sugars on medium speed for 5 minutes.
- Add the egg, chocolate milk, peppermint extract, mixing until combined.
- Slowly add the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt, blending on low until incorporated.
- Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper. Roll dough into small balls, then place 2 inches apart on baking sheet, pressing each down slightly.
- Cover pan with plastic wrap and chill in refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- Bake cookies for 10-12 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack. Let cool completely before icing.
- In a small saucepan on medium heat, combine sugar, cocoa, butter and chocolate milk. Stir with a whisk, bringing to a boil for 1 minute. Remove from heat and let cool for 5 minutes. Add peppermint extract then beat in an electric mixer until icing no long has a glaze look.
- Using a decorating spatula, top cookies with icing and then garnish each with crushed candy cane pieces. Chill to set fully. Store in an airtight container.
Love this Recipe?Share it