Servings: 12 small cakes
- 2 Large eggs
- 1/2 Cup sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp Prairie Farms sour cream
- 3/4 stick Prairie Farms unsalted butter melted and cooled
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 2/3 Cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Rainbow Sprinkles garnish
- apricot jam garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Prep 12 hole non-stick muffin pan with butter.
- In a large bowl, cream the eggs, sugar, salt and sour cream. Add cooled butter and almond extract and whisk completely. Stir in flour and baking powder with a spatula until just combined.
- Spoon about a tablespoon into each mold (3/4 full). Bake about 9-10 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Remove from pan, plate up and brush with apricot jam or melted butter and add sprinkles or powdered sugar.
Love this Recipe?Share it