Servings: 12 Servings
- 1 1/2 tsp cornstarch
- 3 Tbsp sugar
- 3/4 Cup fresh strawberries chopped
- 3/4 Cup fresh or frozen rhubarb chopped
- 1 tbsp water
- 2 Containers (3.5 Oz) Prairie Farms Small Batch Strawberry Cream Cheese Spreads
- 1 Large Egg lightly beaten
- 2 Cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 Cup Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Prairie Farms Unsalted Butter cold
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 large egg room temperature, lightly beaten
- 3/4 Cup Prairie Farms Sour Cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line bottom of a greased 9-in. springform pan with parchment; grease parchment. In a small saucepan, mix cornstarch and sugar; stir in strawberries, rhubarb and water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, until thickened, 6-8 minutes, stirring occasionally. For filling, in a small bowl, beat cream cheese and egg until smooth.
- In a large bowl, combine flour and sugar; cut in butter until crumbly. Reserve 3/4 cup for topping. Stir baking powder, baking soda and salt into remaining flour mixture. In a small bowl, whisk egg, sour cream and vanilla until blended; gently stir into flour mixture (do not overmix).
- Spread batter onto bottom and 1/2 in. up sides of prepared pan. Spread filling over crust, leaving a 1/2-in. border around edge of pan. Spoon strawberry mixture over top; sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture.
- Bake until edges are golden brown, 50-60 minutes. Cool on a wire rack 20 minutes. Loosen sides from pan with a knife. Cool completely. Remove rim from pan. Refrigerate leftovers.
Love this Recipe?Share it