Servings: 6 servings
- 3/4 Lb Rhubarb, cut into 1" pieces
- 2 tsp Lemon Juice
- 2/3 Cup Sugar
- 2 tsp Cornstarch
- 1 stick Prairie Farms Salted Butter
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1/4 Cup Prairie Farms Sour Cream
- 1 Cup All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 Large Egg
- 1/2 Cup Prairie Farms Whole Milk
- Preheat Oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. In a medium saucepan, Add rhubarb pieces, lemon juice, sugar and cornstarch. Simmer at medium temperature, stirring constantly for 5 minutes. Let cool to room temperature.
- Prepare a cast iron skillet by buttering and flouring the bottom and edges.
- In a large bowl, sift together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together butter, egg, vanilla, sour cream and milk. Pour wet ingredients into bowl with dry ingredients and stir until incorporated.
- Spread about 2/3 of the rhubarb mixture evenly into the skillet. Pour batter over the top. Dollop remaining rhubarb on top of batter.
- Using a knife, gently swirl the fruit topping into the batter. Bake about 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center removes cleanly. Do not over bake.
- Let cool in the pan on a wire rack. Spoon into dishes and garnish with whipped cream before serving.
Love this Recipe?Share it