Servings: 12 donuts
- nonstick spray
- 2 Cups flour
- 1/2 Cup red cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 Cup Prairie Farms unsalted butter
- 2 Cups sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 Cup Prairie Farms buttermilk
- 2 Drops red food coloring
- 2 Cups powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 pinch salt
- 4 tbsp Prairie Farms Milk
- 2-4 Drops red food Coloring
- heart shaped sprinkles
- Preheat oven 325, spray donut pan with nonstick spray.
- Mix flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt in small bowl.
- Beat butter and sugar on medium high until light and fluffy (about 3 minutes).
- Add eggs, mixing for 30 seconds in between each addition.
- Add vanilla. Turn off mixer and scrape down sides. Mix on high for 15-20 seconds.
- Turn mixer to low. Add 1/3 of flour mixture. Add 1/2 buttermilk. Repeat, ending with flour. Add red food coloring if desired.
- Transfer donut batter to pastry bag fitted with a round piping tip. Pipe batter into pan, leaving a 1/4” of room.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until they spring back when gently touched. Let rest for 5-7 min, remove from pan.
- Mix powdered sugar, vanilla extract, salt, and 2 tbsp milk in medium bowl. Add milk, 1 tbsp. at time until glaze is the consistency you desire. Add food coloring to create the pink glaze.
- Place a cooling rack on top of a baking sheet. Dip one cooled donut into the glaze then remove and place on rack. Add heart shaped sprinkles and enjoy!
Love this Recipe?Share it