Servings: 6 servings
- 4 Large eggs Separated
- 1/4 Cup sugar
- 1/4 Cup all-purpose flour
- 1 Cup Prairie Farms 36% Whipping Cream
- 1 Tbsp powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Prepare an 11x17” sheet pan with a buttered sheet of parchment paper. Sprinkle water on pan to help hold paper in place.
- Beat egg whites to soft peaks and set aside. In a separate bowl whip the yolks and sugar to peaks, then add flour and mix well. Fold in the whites gently.
- Spread mixture onto parchment in a rectangle ½” thick with an off-set spatula. Bake 8-10 minutes or golden brown in color.
- While the cake is baking, whip cream with powdered sugar and vanilla until stiff. Allow cake to cool a bit and remove parchment before spreading the whipped cream to the edges.
- Cake can be rolled into a jelly roll, but it’s traditional to fold into thirds length-wise. Chill at least 3 hours to set.
- Cut into slices or pie shaped wedges to serve. Dust with powdered sugar or cocoa to garnish. Enjoy!
Love this Recipe?Share it