Wisconsin Cheese Curds
- 1 pound Wisconsin Cheese Curds
- 2 cups Prairie Farms buttermilk
- 1 can beer
- 2 cups flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt and black pepper
- Prairie Farms Jalapeno Fiesta Dip for dipping
- Combine Prairie Farms buttermilk and 1 can of beer into a large bowl and pour cheese curds in to soak.
- In a medium mixing bowl combine flour, baking powder, and salt and pepper.
- Heat up a deep fryer with vegetable, peanut, or sunflower oil for frying.
- Remove cheese curds from liquid with a slotted spoon and transfer to the flour mixture. Then coat the curds so they are covered in the breading. Remove excess flour before frying for 2-3 minutes until slightly golden. It won't take long for the curds to cook and if they're cooked for too long the cheese will melt out of the breading.
- Remove from fryer and set onto a plate lined with paper towels. Serve with dip!
Let's Get Cooking!
Sign up for Prairie Farms Coupons & Newsletter